Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Changing gears in a good way

I have been really having a hard time getting my act together with training. I have just felt lost. I'm not sure if it was just the winter weather hanging on or what. I have felt like I should still be in my winter building faze. This week will be my first opportunity to ride outside. Go figure, the one time I needed winter to be mild, we get all kinds of snow!!! It has really been playing tricks on my brain. I just haven't had a plan that I could get started. Don't get me wrong - I have been getting workouts in - I have just been worried that I haven't been as efficient with my time as I would like to be. I want to maximize every workout. So, I decided it was time for me to change gears!!! That is why I have hired a coach!!! Elizabeth Fedofsky Waterstraat is the founder of Multisport Mastery Inc. Inc. She is a USA Triathlon & USA Cycling certified coach with 10 years of competitive experience. She also qualified for Kona in 06' and 07'. Elisabeth has a very impressive history of accomplishments. I just sent all of my paperwork in to her so that I can get started - she is great! As soon as I told her that my info and payment were in the mail, she set up my first week of testing/training so that I could get started right away. Elisabeth also hooked me up with Training peaks That way I can see my workouts for the week and I can give her my feedback, nice huh. Elizabeth has a ton of information and advice to offer and has made it clear that she is available for all of my questions or concerns. I am so relieved that I have a quality plan to follow and someone knowledgeable to keep me on track and accountable!!! Ironman Coeur D'Alene here I come!!!
~Thumbs Up~

5 comments:

Mark said...

Oooooh yeah...let's get it on!

Brenda said...

Lost? You should try Hare Krishna...

Bigun said...

I had to look closely, I thought that was a picture of your thigh...it always amaises me how little some people are. Not in a bad way...jealous, actually!

TRI-ROB said...

That is probably the smartest move you've ever made Scottie! I'm SO pumped to watch what happens!

Breathe...

Brenda said...

Y'know, your coach is kinda cute...