Sunday, May 25, 2008

Road to Ford Ironman Coeur d'Alene Is Almost Here


Wow it has been sometime since I have wrote anything about training. I asked my wife, what would be a good name for my blog entry. She just looked at me and said three words, "I am tired"

Yes, she is right, it has been a rough road. I have had my ups and downs. Mentally and physically. Yes, I have been training. Yes, I have been training 6 days a week. Yes, I am tired. Yes, I can't wait for IMCD'A to get here so I can be part of one of the biggest life changing events I will ever be involved in. My family has been there for me every step of the way. And yes, my loving wife Dee Dee is ready, so ready, for IMCD'A to get HERE!! She has been so positive, which is a must. There is no way in the world that this would have been possible without her standing behind me. Besides the fact that she is my wife and she is the leader of Team Scottie, training for Ironman is time consuming and, as we all know, EXPENSIVE! There have been times when I would come home off the bike after 5 or 6 hours and have to run, and I would be tired. I would think, "Maybe I will just skip the run." If I said it out loud, Dee Dee would just say, "Honey you know you will not be happy with yourself if you don't finish." Grrr... Oh, ok. That's what a team leader is for.

Well all has been going well. training is right on track. I need to start making list of things I need to bring. Take my bike over and get it tuned one last time. Put my new racing tires on a week before we leave. It is going to be so much fun I just can't wait for all this training to over and we are heading out the door and driving to Ford Ironman Coeur d'Alene.

~Thumbs Up~

2 comments:

SWTrigal said...

I soooo hear you! We are almost there..

Mark said...

I know the feeling bro...keep plugging away! About 6 or 7 weeks till IM USA for me, and I still haven't nailed the nutrition for my long rides...