Saturday, April 19, 2008

A new day has dawn


Something important crossed my mind this morning while I was laying in bed. I was thinking about this weekend's swim, 6 hour ride today (it doesn't help that the pool doesn't open until 1:00 pm so I won't get home until around 8:00 pm) and my half Marathon on Sunday. I have been saying the words, "I have to do this. - I better do this. - I don't want to do this. - I'm tired. - Holy crap! Did you see what Coach Liz has me doing this weekend?" But then it hit me this morning. This is what I do for fun. I have made huge changes in my life to be able to do these things. I stopped drinking 2 years ago. I stopped chewing tobacco 4 years ago. I sold my Harley Davidson so I could afford a REAL Triathlon TT bike. What the hell I'm I bitching about? So training is not always easy, and if it was, I'm not sure I would be happy that I even accomplished anything on that training day. I need to find my passion again. So I told myself today is a new day of having fun again.

~Thumbs Up~

5 comments:

runninggunner said...

Scottie,

I know what you mean, sometimes it seems like a lot. But then you think "Well if it wasn't would it really be an accomplishment?" Keep up the hard work.

You going to The Grand Columbian again this year?

TRI-ROB said...

ExACTLY!

Don't over think... just do.

Breathe...

Mark said...

Way to refocus bud! Keep it up!

Jennifer said...

I am also signed up for the CDA Ironman in June. I came across your blog after Googling for some information on the race. Makes me wish I had started a blog to follow my training adventures. It's been a great adventure up to this point and I'm really looking forward to the big day (even though it makes me really nervous even thinking about lining up on the beach for the swim start!!). It was fun reading your blog...keep posting.

Di said...

Scottie, have your wife email me - Art2Di4@aol.com we can help give her support at IMCdA ;)