Thursday, December 27, 2007

Yes I have been working out this winter.


I guess I should talk a little bit about what I have been doing this winter to stay in shape. I have never been a big fan of core workouts. Sooo... I started doing yoga. Power and yoga butt. I have really started enjoying the challenge. One thing I have found with yoga is you can make it as hard as you want to. When I first started going to class I spent all my time watching the instructor and trying to learn all the different moves. After the first couple of classes, I just didn't think that yoga was going to be difficult enough for me. Well, after learning the moves, I started learning how to work each pose. Yoga is kicking my butt. Best part is my core is getting stonger.

And I have been doing some winter hill climbing. We have a hill with rough trails in our town that measures 920 feet. I started out by putting 25 pounds in my backpack and hiking to the top. I now can pack up 45 pounds. This weekend I'm going to be doing 50 pounds. It has been a blast doing a low impact workout and enjoying the winter. I have been doing most of my hill work at night, So I had to go out and buy a headlight so I could see. I just put on my ipod shuffle and go. I went down to my local 2nd hand store and picked up a set of used ski poles for a dollar, and they have helped a ton going up the real steep part of the hill and it's a great upper body workout.

Monday, Wednesday. Yoga
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday Hill climbing.
~Thumbs Up~





3 comments:

Bigun said...

that's a cool workout. RUCK UP!

TRI-ROB said...

Dude... you're turning into quite the Zen warrior! Careful with the rucking... my joints are still paying the price from my Army days...

Breathe...

runninggunner said...

Nice Work Scottie. That sounds like a killer workout.