Monday, July 2, 2007

FIRST CENTURY RIDE



Well, after taking some needed time off after the Pacific Crest Half IRONMAN, I figured why not just go out and do my first Century Ride with the boys. I had a great time, the support on the ride was great. I think we stopped 4 times and ate cookies and orange slices. Jake, the leader of the group and who is also the only one that gets paid to ride, pulled us most of the ride. I did try several times to jump out front and pull my own weight and even got the group up to a grand ol' speed of 25 mph! But I paid for that later at mile 80. I felt pretty good other wise, 100 miles is a long way to ride I'm glad I did it but not to sure I could have ran 26.2 after that ride lol not a chance!!!!

1 comment:

TRI-ROB said...

I have yet to do a century... wife and kids are out of town this weekend... might try to do one solo!